13 Jun 2013

A wake-up call



Some journeys in life will always remain memorable and very close to my heart. These are journeys with peaks and troughs and a wonderful reminder on looking back at life once in a while and worth every bit being grateful for. I fondly remember the days where every step used to be an immense struggle for my aging body and most importantly the mind. Runner Andi Ball once said what running everyday taught him "I have more self-confidence, drive, and compassion for others than I’ve ever known. My life is infinitely better since I started on this journey, and I don’t see it coming to an end anytime soon. I’m proof that the hardest decision to make is the decision to try and to believe in yourself and your own unique abilities."

As I learn to keep going and enjoying my own journey of a healthy lifestyle coupled with running This picture is a snap shot reminder and a beautiful flash back.Some days I look at it and it becomes my “wake-up” call, a tiny dose of inspiration, my Zen. On the left is  December 2009 Singapore half marathon after resuming running again where every step was a struggle and on the right  is  November 2012, first ultramarathon of 50 kms and running for the cause of sending a few rural kids from India to school at Isha Vidhya.http://seeyourimpact.org/members/priyavai/.The mystic and yogi Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev said “Our lives become beautiful not because we are perfect. Our lives become beautiful simply because we put our heart and soul into what we are doing”. These words echo in my ears as I step out the door today for yet another run to take on the day as it comes! Running just like meditation can be a wonderful "life" teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment